This post was originally a Beauty Blogger tag that I found on the lovely Leannes blog. I've fancied doing a tag post for a while so I thought I'd give this one ago. As I said it was originally a Beauty Blogger tag but because I'm a bit more of a fashion blogger I've changed a few of the question so now its a beauty & fashion tag.
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging in my last year of university, this is a huge regret of mine because I wish I'd started sooner. I should have started in my first year when I had lots of free time and I was living in Manchester, alas I didn't. For my 3rd year I moved home and 'A blog From Blackpool' was born.
Strictly I've been blogging for almost 4 years however the blog as it stands now as a fashion and beauty blog dates back to May 2012.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
A lot of the blogs I started off reading don't exist anymore! Lilly Melrose, was one of the first bloggers that I followed along with Beauty crush.
Whose blogs to you check on a regular basis now?
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product or item that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I can't think of a specific product or thing but I know that one of the first things I started getting hooked on because of blogging was nail art and I rushed out to buy nail pans and transfers and dotting tools etc...
Totally worth the hype because as I type this i'm sporting pink leopard nails with kittens, puppies and heats on them.
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Blogger?
1. I have such an appreciation of fashion. I've always had my own style but blogging has given me confidence in it and appreciation of other styles to.
2. You are never alone on twitter.
3. Shopping. Blogging and shopping go pretty much hand in hand and I love it. Yes I spend more on make up and clothes and yes I use blogging as a justification but you know what. I like it.
4. My blog has grown slowly over the years and I've not got a lovely bunch of readers and I'm proud of that. Genuinely proud. I feel like I've achieved something not because I had to,but because I wanted to, and that's nice.
5. Blogging has allowed me to go to events. meet some lovely stylish folk, try great products and occasionally i'm sent cool things. Thats amazing and I'm grateful.
What have you learnt from being a Blogger?
I've learnt loads about social networking, running a blog and other techy things that I've had to teach myself. I've also learnt a little bit about cameras, I can look at an item of clothing from a distance and automatically know what size I will need and what I could wear it with and I can speak fluent make up talk.
Have you changed anything since becoming a Blogger?
This is a hard one to call. I think I've become more set in the way I dress, I think I have a style of sorts that I'm happy with that. I can think of other things that have changed but I'm not sure if thats down to blogging or not?! Interesting.
What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
Be active on Twitter and Instagram. Thats the best way to put yourself out there. Don't be disheartened when a few months down the line you are still blogging to yourself. Enjoy what you do, if you don't - just stop. Your blog WILL grow over time.
What are your top 5 makeup brands?
1. Urban Decay
Recommend your top 5 beauty products:
1. Estee Lauder Maximum coverage foundation
2. 17 liquid eyeliner
3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
4. Mac Lipsticks
5. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
5. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
What are your top 5 fashion brands/shops?
Well thats that. If you fancy doing this tag feel free, I'm nosey so do leave me your link below and I will check it out.