Res.o.lu.tion – A firm decision to do or not to do something
I’ve seen and heard a lot of people say things along the line of “Resolutions are pointless because everyone breaks them.” NOT ALWAYS TURE. Around this time of year some people make fantastical wishes about things they want to achieve with no realistic thought call them resolutions and hope for the best – this is why they fail. The dictionary definition is a firm decision to do or not do something. A decision, not a wish. So when I think about my resolutions I think about what is achievable and what I really want.
Last year I posts about my resolutions HERE these where-
I must not mess up my MA – I finished my MA in September, I got a distinction for my final portfolio and I am waiting my final overall mark. Done.
I must lose another 2 stone – I’ve lost over 3 stone this year and that’s including my Christmas gain! Done.
I must find a job that pays or at least have a plan – I have a job that pays, I’ve done paid writing work and ran writing workshops. I have more of an Idea. Half Done.
I also said that I wanted to
Meet up with Hazel. In July Hazel flew over to blackpool to see me for a few days, she stayed at my house and we had the best time. I miss her so much now. Done.
Get an Amy Winehouse tribute tattoo.Done.
Use up make up before buying more. I was being silly. Didn't do it, didnt even try.
Manage a tiny holiday at some point. I managed to save up for a city brake to Leeds and Tom took me to the Hilton in Manchester for my birthday. Done.
My new years resolutions for 2013 are:
1. Get to my goal weight and stay there, this means I’m to lose my Christmas weight and a little bit more. Then once I reach my goal weight I need to find the balance needed to maintain my weight loss.
2. Go to Sissi, Crete. Couldn’t go last year. I’ve been saving away and Tom and I should be able to go this summer. This is what I dream about.
3. Continue writing. I love writing. My MA was in Creative writing innovation and experimentation and I love it. However after I finished I was worn out and I haven’t written much since. This year I will recapture my love and try and get some of my work online – I have exciting plans.
Things I hope to achieve :
1. I want to grow up a little bit, I’m 23 I have a part time job and I live at home. I have a boyfriend of 5 years but because of distance and lack of money we only see each other once a week, I still feel like a teenager. This year I would like to see a little progression in some area of my life. I would like a career not just a job and a bit of a future in mind. Due to the economic climate I know this is asking a lot but I will try and that’s all I can do.
2. Move a bit more. I am one of those horrible people who have lost weight without exercise, I wish I enjoyed exercise but apart from walking I do very little. I go through spurts of cycling and skating but not often. It’s a shame because as a child I used to be really sporty. This year will be the year I tone up. I’m not sure how, I just plan to move more.
3. Blog, take chances and meet people. Blogging has given me so many chances and I’ve met so many amazing, beautiful ladies, Hazel, Rosie and Gemma just to name a few. Plus north was a highlight of my year and I’m eternally thankful for everything. This year I will continue to put my all in to blogging.
Finally 2012 has been mostly a great year,but the past few weeks have been awful. I love my grandma incredibly and it’s hard seeing her so poorly. Whatever this year brings, good or bad, my final and most important resolution is to remember and treasure all the good times.
Link me to your new year’s posts I’d love to read them and I wish you all a happy new year.